Sunday, March 17, 2013

Dolly Dearest: A China Girl Inspir'd Look (from Oz: The Great & Powerful) FOTD

No, I haven't seen the movie. No, I don't want to see the movie.

I am not a Mila Kunis fan. There's just something I don't like about her; I guess part of it is I can't take her seriously as an actress. Not saying she isn't talented, she plays Theordora and looks pretty spectacular (berry is really her color!). Most people have done Theodora or Glinda looks, since those two are more prominent characters but why not a wearable China Girl look? She's adorable!

China Girl is exactly what her name implies: a china doll, made of china. She looks like your standard little china figurine, in a pretty dress. She looks like she should be standing or sitting on your shelf, not tagging along with Oz.

Most "doll" looks you see are around Halloween and many are creepy, but rarely very pretty. And why shouldn't you look like a doll? Dolls can be pretty. (I'm not saying the creepy looks are a bad thing; there are just a lot of them!) I know this won't be everyone's cup of tea, but hey, you don't like it? Read something else on the blog! If you like it, please let me know.

This look could certainly benefit from some circle lenses, but I didn't have any (I need them in my prescription, which is expired right now. Not that circle lens sellers check). My last pair of circle lenses were Princess Mimi Sesame Grey by GEO, the ones designed by model Tsubasa Masuwaka/Milky Bunny. I loved those lenses dearly but they were going to have to be thrown away anyway. Lashes, of course, would also help this look. The eyes can easily be altered to be less extreme for more everyday wear. I was having fun though!

On to the look!

Face:
  • Neutrogena SkinClearing Liquid Foundation - 10 Classic Beige
  • NYX Cosmetics HD Photogenic Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation - SM01 Ivory
  • NYX Cosmetics Soft Matte Lip Cream - SMLC03 Tokyo as blush (I tapped and swirled with my fingers to blend)
Eyes:
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original
  • Urban Decay NAKED Palette - Virgin, Naked, Buck
  • Maybelline EyeStudio Gel Liner - Blackest Black
  • tokidoki Adios Cromatico Eyeshadow Palette - Adios (discountinued - use whatever matte black you have to set and darken the gel liner)
  • Maybelline EyeStudio Masterline Liquid Liner - Black
  • Palladio eyeliner pencil - white (I actually hate this pencil; a bit too hard)
  • SEPHORA Eyeshadow - Alpine Slopes (discountinued - use whatever white shadow you have)
  • FAIRYDROPS Scandal Queen Mascara
  • Neutrogena SkinClearing Liquid Foundation - 10 Classic Beige (run through eyebrows with a spoolie)
  • Sugarpill Pressed Eyeshadow - Poison Plum (eyebrows)
Lips: A variety of options are available for the lips. Might I suggest a red lip? Keep it fairly faint and matte, so as not to overwhelm.
  • Neutrogena SkinClearing Liquid Foundation - 10 Classic Beige (blotted out lips and shaped)
  • Covergirl LipPerfection - 360 Euphoria
Tools:
  • real Techniques Powder Brush
  • Smashbox Travel Angled Blush Brush
  • Smashbox Travel Smudger Brush
  • Eyeshadow brush
  • Urban Decay Good Karma Shadow Brush (from NAKED Palette)
  • Double-ended eyeliner brushes
Yes, I messed up my lines. I look a bit creepy.

The Lips
I will add a new and different look to this and a revised list when that new look is posted.
SPOOKEHDOOM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I'll get back to you as soon as I can ~