Thursday, August 29, 2013

Brush Review: 12 Pc Brush Set Pt. 2

I didn't forget about this post! I just hadn't used all my brushes until now.

Let's get this finished, shall we?
The brush cup
As I said in the last review, each brush has blue-gray painted handles, matching metallic-blue ferrule (the metal section), with the MAC logo and numbers stamped in silver. Each brush will be broken down into smaller reviews.
Left to right: 214  - 190 - 187 -275 - 212 - 219 - 209
Now I have used #190 Foundation brush, #187 Duo Fibre Brush, #275  Medium Angled Shading brush, #219 Pencil Brush, #212 Flat Definer Brush, #209 Eyeliner Brush and #214 Short Shader Brush. I honestly despise the Pencil brush since I cut it. Ah well...

Much slimmer! This is great ~
  • #190 Foundation Brush - This is thinner and flatter than my other cheapy foundation brush. This means it picks up way less liquid foundation, so no weird, cakey liquid foundation layers. I honestly am in love with this brush!
  • #187 Duo Fibre Brush - I have yet to use this appropriately. I used it with HD powder. Not a good use. Instead, I used it when I did my bruises to lay down Sugarpill Poison Plum in a light, scattered layer. Amazing for laying down color products (whenever I learn how best to apply blush, I'll try this!). I'm excited to test it with foundation too.
  • #275 Medium Angled Shading Brush - I like this brush. It works nicely for a soft layer of color, like your highlight shade or if you do a light, all over shade, this is amazing. I wouldn't really use it to pack on color but hey, it's still a nice brush!
  •  #219 Pencil Brush - I really f-ed up this brush. It's all my fault and I feel awful about it now. Oh well... Because I messed up what was a decent, very fluffy brush, it's now painfully scratchy and seems to remove any color after I've put them over primer. Crumbs.
  • #212 Flat Definer Brush - I use this brush for putting a line of eyeshadow on my lower lashline. It works very well for this.
  • #209 Eyeliner Brush - I have mixed feelings about this brush. I tried to use it for my con makeup trial and failed severely. It doesn't really deposit eyeshadow like I would like and since my hand shakes, I end up with crooked, funky lines.
  • #214 Short Shader Brush - I cut this down and it works wonderfully. Packs on color intensely and since it's pretty small, it works decently on the outer corner. Yay! I think I'll try it for my browbone highlight.
I'm frankly pretty happy with my brushes. Aside from the pencil brush I messed up, I'm happy. They work nicely for my everyday makeup and they're pretty easy to clean as well as keep track of. Sure, the cup is a bit unwieldy when traveling but at least my brushes are protected, all together in one place and I don't have to worry about them rolling off a counter when I do my makeup. Win!

SPOOKEHDOOM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I'll get back to you as soon as I can ~