After contemplating this through 2013 and into now, I finally decided to take the plunge and give myself an undercut. I tried to wait till Thursday, but I wanted time to be able to fix the edges behind my ear.
I wasn't inspired by the fact it was trendy. (When do I ever do anything trendy?) Trends tend to bore me.
Okay, maybe I was just a little bit inspired by Noomi Rapace as Lisbeth Salander in Män som hatar kvinnor. I love her as Lisbeth!
Anyway... When I get tired of my hair down on the left side of my face, I tend to flip it over to the right and leave it. I don't know why I do it; I just do. I also do it when I'm in the car and the windows are down, thus causing my hair to blow into my face. Not fun.
Before I made my final decision, I made a pros/cons list. I took different factors into account, pictured in my head how it would look (about 3 to 5 times), and what fun things I could do. Here's the list...
- Less hair to trim/bleach/dye
- Less dye used up
- Less hair to tuck into a wig cap
- Can flip hair over to "hide"
- Can have a funky dye job! (Like leopard print)
- Less hair to deal with in the summer
- Less hair to push back/hold back with headbands and clips to wash face
- Less hair getting tangled in danging earrings (ouch!)
- Awkward growing out phase
- No Victory Rolls
- The fuzzy bits everywhere from trimming
|Luckily, all the hair on the other side can be flipped over to hide it ~|
What do you think of the undercut style/trend? I cannot get over it on men. (Yummy Adam Levine ♡ ) It's so clean and looks so good.
|Still not a fan of the shaved-to-scalp look but I'll live ~|