Tuesday, September 2, 2014

This IS Halloween: Eylure Limited Edition Spooky & Batwing False Lashes

We went to Ulta yesterday, since my mom needed nail treatments and I actually had to go across the street to Target.

While I wandered around, she pointed out the Wet n Wild Fantasy Makers collection though it was a very, very small selection of this year's items. And below the Fright Fest lashes, were the lashes that basically made my week.


I've never tried eylure, because they aren't particularly cheap nor do they have styles that appeal to me. But these Halloween lashes? GIMME GIMME GIMME! GIVE ME LASHES NOW.
They even show you how the lashes will look on!
There only two styles, Spooky and Batwing. Spooky is a gorgeous (and bloody epic) spiderweb. Yes, an actual spiderweb. Not just cut like a spiderweb, but actually put together to make a web across your lashes. The outer corners have one tiny black rhinestone. Beware, some of them may be slightly flawed (see my close up of Spooky below). It doesn't bother me personally, but it was a little disappointing. If anything, it looks a little neat, like broken spider webs the way you see them on Halloween decorations! Batwing is self-explanatory: lashes cut like a bat's wing complete with the webbed segments between the wing bones. 
eylure Spooky
eylure Batwing
I am so excited to wear these. Yes, they will look absolutely insane, but I'm not exactly the most normal person ever. Batwing is a decent dupe for Illamasqua's own Bat lashes that retail for £14.50. Batwing doesn't have the alternating thicker segments like Bat, but they are quite similar! So if you can't shell out the cash for the Illamasqua false lashes, be sure to check out eylure's version! But please note, these are limited edition and won't be around forever!

I found mine at Ulta, as I said, on a shelf in the middle of store and near the back. Are all Ultas split between drugstore on one side, high-end on the other? The shelf was closer to the drugstore side of the store, but if you can't find them, ask an employee! They don't come up online sadly.

Each pair retails for $7.99 at Ulta and, for the ladies and gents in the UK, you can find these at Superdrug for £6.59! Go out and be spooky this Halloween! (Even if you don't celebrate it!)

SPOOKEHDOOM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I'll get back to you as soon as I can ~