Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Review: Formula 10.0.6 Pores Be Pure Skin-Clarifying Clay Mask

I already reviewed the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque (read here) previously, in hopes of clearing my pores and getting the nastiness of my nose. This particular mask has had some great reviews, it's been said to work more at clearing pores. People have also said it can leave the face red after washing it off, due to the fruits in the formula. It's pretty much a "Don't use directly before a big event! You might still be red faced!" You should be able to get away with using it the night before your event. My face didn't become red after using this, only a bit splotchy when I used a wash cloth to remove the product but immediately the redness went away.

Why is this so cool in my world?


I seriously love the packaging. It's pink, with variously sized fonts on the front, which is always a cool look in my opinion. Super sleek, minimalist and just really awesome. Is it just me who likes it? Its not as big as the Queen Helene tube, but its still a fairly big tube. It contains 3.4 fl oz. and since you don't need much, you shouldn't run out any time soon.
Sealed before opening




The mask is pink-lavender with a thinner, creamier consistency than the Mint Julep mask. Much easier to spread around than the Mint Julep mask It has a slight cooling feel on the face that's pretty pleasant. I know the Mint Julep mask, after a few applications on various days, became almost painful from the cooling for me. It dries in the same manner with the color lightening as it dries. Not as much tightening during the drying here. Obviously, because of the herbs in it, it has an herbal-y scent. Not much strawberry scent.



Mask On
Dried
I noticed with both masks, when they dried over areas that I have clogged or big pores, they both sort of... broke up into little dots. I have visible dots in the mask where there are clogged or big pores. Not exactly sure why, to be honest. On my nose, some spots looked a touch oily where the mask dried out. Really gross looking! Also, my skin didn't feel or look dry like the Mint Julep mask can leave it. I still followed up with some jojoba oil rubbed into my face anyway.

Weird break-up pattern
I liked the mask, my clogged pores do seem a bit smaller than before but I'll have to wait and see if there's any noticeable difference. I don't do pore strips because of my nose piercing and for them to be effective for me, I had to use painfully hot water on my nose. I was using the plain white Biore strips, by the way. I've been looking for effective products that people have given high reviews. I can't afford a Clarisoic Mia and have been trying to also find cheaper alternatives to it. I might try the Body Shop's Tea Tree Face Mask in the future. For now, I'm thinking of picking up Neaclear Liquid Oxyge Blackhead Astringent to go with my regular skin care.
Mask off, hair down for once.
If you want to try the mask for yourself, you can find it at Ulta and Ulta.com for $5.99. Formula 10.0.6 has a store locator that shows you the products carried by the store but their site only has portals for Australia, the US, Canada and France. You can also buy online directly from them! The prices are the same there as well.  The prices for their products are pretty decent, only going up to $10 from what I saw on Ulta.

SPOOKEHDOOM 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I'll get back to you as soon as I can ~