Thursday, April 25, 2013

What's in My Makeup Bag

If you've ever wondered what a beauty blogger keeps in her makeup bag, here's your answer. This just my makeup bag, one of many makeup bags. I tend to overstuff my bag with stuff, and have never been able to find a bag that would fit everything. I also change out products pretty often. I will probably review all the things you see in my bag unless its already reviewed, has been reviewed everywhere else (sorry, I'm a little lazy) or is discontinued.
Tip my bag over, unzipped, and this pours out.
I found this bag at Goodwill and grabbed it because it made me think of steampunk fashion. I love steampunk fashion (and stripes Stripes are awesome). Anywho, the bag is by Face Secrets and their products can be found at Sally's Beauty Supply. Brushes, brush rolls, makeup bags, brush bags, etc. Lots of things. Back to the bag. It needed a wash due to eyeshadow stains inside, what I think is a lipstick stain outside, and it tolerated being put through the washing machine in a fine mesh bag. The lipstick stain didn't come out but it's not noticeable. The bag itself is trimmed in leather, maybe faux leather. It's... Pretty roomy. I have overstuffed it to the point it won't close and had to empty it to rearrange it, dump certain products or leave them entirely.
It's kind of a beige-gray. Greige?
This is the only bag that fits my Urban Decay NAKED palette, a Christmas gift from Ze Boyfriend from 2011 I believe. I've had it for maybe two years now and love it. I may not be big on neutrals but it's certainly a good palette to have for work or party, since it has great basic colors to make various looks with various finishes. Or would they be textures? ...Does it really matter?
If you enlarge this picture, you'll see the lipstick stain.
Aside from fitting my palette, with a little arranging, it can hold my platoon of eyeliner pencils and two liquid liners as well as my small brushes. I manage to fit my few single eyeshadows that I carry and lip products. I have so many eye pencils, as you can plainly see... I just dump them in the bottom. They don't require as much arranging thankfully. I do have to dig in my bag to get my hypoallergenic liquid liner (only one I can use so far sadly). I also have a good amount of lip products; NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams and Round Lipstick, as well as Covergirl lipstick I haven't yet reviewed. I also have many brushes and they tend to be small, which I hate trying to pack and find in my bag. It's havoc when I do my makeup, at least it's pretty afterwards.
  1. FAIRYDROPS Scandal Queen Mascara (Sephora exclusive; discontinued)
  2. Sugarpill Chromalust Loose Eyeshadow in Junebug (Sugarpill sample) 
  3. Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin (Ulta, Sephora, Urban Decay; available wherever you buy Urban Decay)
  4. NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in Electra (Ulta, NYX; available wherever you buy NYX)
  5. MAX Factor Vivid Impact Mascara in Moonlit Black; now my spoolie!
  6. NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in 605 Strawberry Milk
  7. Urban Decay Grindhouse Pencil Sharpener (Urban Decay, Sephora, Ulta)
  8. Sugarpill Addicted to Pretty Pressed Eyeshadow in Love+
  9. Sugarpill Addicted to Pretty Pressed Eyeshadow in Poison Plum
  10. Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original (travel-sized from the NAKED palette)
  11. Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original (new packaging; sample-sized)
  12. SEPHORA Eyeshadow Single in Alpine Snow (deluxe sample from birthday gift; discontinued)
  13. NYX Nude Matte Eyeshadow in Birthday Suit (Ulta, NYX; available wherever you buy NYX)
  14. Jesse's Girl Loose Eyeshadow in Secret Weapon (Exclusively from Rite-Aid in the States, Jesse's Girl Cosmetics)
  15. Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original (Very old! Ulta, Sephora, Urban Decay; available wherever you buy Urban Decay)
  16. NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in 621A Pure Gold
  17. Smashbox Travel-Sized Smudger (brow fluffy brush) & Creme Liner Brush (white brush) (gift from Ulta; full-sized available from Smashbox)
  18. Cheap eye/face brush set
  19. Cheap Eyeshadow brush
  20. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Monte Carlo (Ulta, NYX; wherever you buy NYX)
  21. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Tokyo
  22. Maybelline MasterPrecise by EyeStudio Ink Pen Liquid Liner (Available at drugstores)
  23. Physician's Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum in Ultra Black (available at drugstores and online)
  24. Maybelline ColorSensational Lip Liner in Clear 10 (available at drugstores)
  25. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencil in Delinquent (Ulta, Sephora, Urban Decay; available wherever you buy Urban Decay)
  26. Prestige Classic Khol Eyeliner in White (Ulta, drugstores)
  27. UD Vintage 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Ransom (Ulta, Sephora, Urban Decay; available wherever you buy Urban Decay)
  28. UD 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencil in Delinquent (deluxe sample from Ulta. Ulta, Sephora, Urban Decay; available wherever you buy Urban Decay)
  29. UD 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Woodstock (miniature from a Christmas set, now available as full-sized. Ulta, Sephora, Urban Decay; available wherever you buy Urban Decay)
  30. UD 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Radium (miniature from a Christmas set, exclusive. Ulta, Sephora, Urban Decay; available wherever you buy Urban Decay)
  31. UD 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero (miniature from a Christmas set, permanent shdae. Ulta, Sephora, Urban Decay; available wherever you buy Urban Decay)
  32. UD 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Junkie (miniature from a Christmas set, now available as full-sized. Ulta, Sephora, Urban Decay; available wherever you buy Urban Decay)
  33. Smashbox Travel-Sized Angled Blush Brush (gift from Ulta; full-sized available from Smashbox)
  34. Clean & Clear Advantage Mark Treatment (available at drugstores, Clean & Clear, wherever you buy C&C products)
  35. UD NAKED Palette
  36. NYX Slim Eye Pencil in Black (Ulta, NYX; wherever you buy NYX)
  37. UD 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Electric (Deluxe sample from UD. Ulta, Sephora, Urban Decay; available wherever you buy Urban Decay)
  38. UD 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero (miniature from an eyelash kit, permanent color. Ulta, Sephora, Urban Decay; available wherever you buy Urban Decay)
  39. UD 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion (miniature from a Christmas set, now available as full-sized. Ulta, Sephora, Urban Decay; available wherever you buy Urban Decay)
  40. UD Vintage 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Ransom (full-sized, unused. Ulta, Sephora, Urban Decay; available wherever you buy Urban Decay)
  41. real Techniques Powder Brush (Ulta, real techniques) with a Brush Guard on it
That is all that I carry in my makeup bag. There are things that don't fit or that I carry with me (such as my NYX Stay Matte compact) which I didn't put in the image. If there's anything here you want to see reviewed, let me know. I do already intend to get swatches of my Urban Decay pencils, to show you all of them. And yes, I screwed up several times on the numbering. Uggggghhhh... It's my own fault though.

SPOOKEHDOOM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I'll get back to you as soon as I can ~