Monday, July 22, 2013

Some Special Effects Works ****WARNING: GORE ALERT!****

I actually had to scrape together some works for a possible (seasonal) makeup job! I did the bruises on Saturday, after realizing: I didn't have my lash glue.

Well, crap.

I did the next best thing I knew, which is attempt to find an alternative to liquid latex.* Didn't work out. This entirely altered what I wanted to do VS what I knew I could do. I had to get this stuff in before the week! So here's what I have. WARNING: THERE IS GORE AHEAD. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.

One thing I knew I could do with my eyeshadows and some concealer (for a sticky/creamy base) were bruises. I used a cheap drugstore concealer that absolutely doesn't match me as a base to make the colors richer and give them something to really stick to. For this,  I used Naked and Buck from Urban Decay NAKED to make the base; I used Naked for most of it with Buck to darken the interior. I used Suagrpill's Poison Plum for the nasty, painful purple areas that some bruises can get. I didn't have a bruise wheel, which is a cream makeup wheel that has all the colors you need for a bruise, and had to look up reference photos of bruises! I do get a lot of bruises though... I run into things pretty often. None of these photos used flash, just the very bright lighting in Ze Boyfriend's bathroom and the dimmer light in the hallway.

Now the gory part...
Clearly, this isn't my arm. It's my friend's arm! I did this last year. It's black eyelash glue from DUO, NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams and a clear lip gloss over the top. I scraped the edges up with tweezers and tore holes in the dry base of the glue, covering and filling them with the Soft Matte Lip Cream by dabbing it on then slightly smoothing it out. I dabbed the gloss over the top with my finger. Easy ~ But really nasty. Sorry for the totally awful picture! This was taken with my iPod, because it was during class. We were watching a movie.

I'll probably do more things like this for Halloween in October, but I don't know if I'll have time. The seasonal job begins in September and runs through October! It will at least be something I want to do, so that's good. I'll definitely let you all know if I get the job! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

SPOOKEHDOOM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I'll get back to you as soon as I can ~