Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Review: Physician's Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum

I've had this eyeliner for 3 years now. I had to search for this particular liner for a reason not unknown to you, my readers. For some awful reason, still unknown to me, many liquid eyeliners irritate my eyes when used along my lash line. But it's only liquid eyeliners.

This led to me searching for a hypoallergenic liner!
The first that came to mind was Physician's Formula, because I think all their eye products are hypoallergenic. I know Almay, a drugstore brand in the US, also claims to be hypoallergenic. I don't really care for Almay and didn't like the packaging of their liquid eyeliner. This Physician's Formula liner is a pen style. Yay!
My camera HATES shiny or slightly reflective packaging
It's so hard to get picture of things on the sides when they're rounded.
The Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner & Serum (what a name, huh?) comes in a box, with lots of little tidbits about the eyeliner. I don't have the box any longer (obviously). The liner itself, as I said, is a silver pen-style with black writing. There's a black ring near the applicator end. I generally dislike brown eyeliner personally.
Look at that! So skinny!
The point is a little scary at this angle.
This particular version of the eyeliner has a brush-like applicator with a super-fine point. There's also a felt tip, fat marker style in the same line and a clear version in this thin pen-style of just serum. I really love this brush tip! It's soft, has enough give to it to allow thin or thick lines. This will deliver the thinnest line you could image with just the tip.
First line: I attempted to use the tip but hand slipped. Second line: pressing on the brush so it bends slightly against the skin. Third line: just using the tip.
Being this is a liquid liner and quite black, it goes on very smooth. It stays in place beautifully! So long as I don't rub my eyes haha. It isn't waterproof so if you were to cry or your face gets wet, it wouldn't hold up. This does do very well with eyeshadow primer underneath, because it becomes immovable with water on a cotton bud. If your eyes don't get dry to the point you have to rub them, like mine do after 12 hours+ from my contacts, you'll have all day liner. I have never once had a problem with this flaking during wear, unless I rub my eyes as I've said before!

As to the claims of serum, I don't know if I truly believe them! I have frankly noticed that my lashes seem longer (you can see some pics of my bare lashes towards the end of this review). I did read a review of this long before I started blogging and before I bought the liner. I don't remember the blog, but the girl who wrote the review thought her lashes had grown. Maybe it's just wishful thinking? Serum aside, its a lovely liner. Probably the best I've ever tried (next to Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Eyeliner but that's another review in itself! By the way, I don't use it near my lash line).

For those in need of hypoallergenic liquid liner in the US and don't mind paying a little more for it, try this! You can find it in just about all drugstores and Ulta. If you want it for the serum purpose... I don't know what to tell you. From Physician's Formula, this liner is $10.95 but its $10.99 from Ulta. Whaaaaaaa? An extra $0.04? What's that about, Ulta?

The Physician's Formula website has individual sites for Australia, Canada and South Africa. Their products are also available in Australia, Canada, Costa Rica, El Salvador, France, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Panama, South Africa and Turkey. I can't say what products you'll find.

PS: My brushes (mentioned at the end of the Urban Decay brush review) still haven't arrived and I'm getting a little annoyed! I expected them in this general time frame but they're about 11 hours away (by ground)/2 hours away (by air). What is the US postal service doing???

SPOOKEHDOOM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I'll get back to you as soon as I can ~